Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Blue Cheese Topping
No doubt about it, this easy and delicious recipe proves that beef and tangy blue cheese are a perfectly matched pair.
4 (about 1 pound) beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick
1 large clove garlic, halved
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
Blue Cheese Topping:
2 tablespoons cream cheese
4 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
4 teaspoons plain yogurt
2 teaspoons minced onion
Dash ground white pepper
- Rub beef steaks with garlic; set aside.
- Combine topping ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
- Place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3-inches from heat. Broil 13 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
- One to two minutes before steaks are done, top evenly with topping.
- Season with salt; sprinkle with parsley.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: To grill, place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. One minute before steaks are done, top evenly with topping.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Beef, It's What's For Dinner © 2003.