Beef Tri-Tip with Rosemary-Garlic Vegetables
Seasoned beef tri-tip roasted alongside rosemary and garlic-seasoned red potatoes halves, bell pepper slices and sweet onion wedges.
1 (1 1/2 to 2 pounds) beef tri-tip roast
1 tablespoon olive oil
12 small red-skinned potatoes, halved
2 medium red, yellow or green bell peppers, cut into eighths
2 medium sweet onions, cut into 1-inch wedges
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine seasoning ingredients; press 1/2 onto beef roast. Combine remaining seasoning with oil and vegetables in large bowl; toss.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Place vegetables on rack around roast. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven 30 to 40 minutes for medium rare; 40 to 45 minutes for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer to board; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F (60°C) for medium rare; 160°F (70°C) for medium.)
- Meanwhile increase oven temperature to 475°F (245°C). Remove peppers. Continue roasting potatoes and onions 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Carve roast across the grain. Serve with vegetables.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Beef Industry Council.