Chili-Marinated Steaks with Cilantro Cream
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
4 beef eye of round steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
2/3 cup prepared Italian dressing
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro - divided use
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- Combine dressing, 2 tablespoons cilantro and chili powder in small bowl. Combine sour cream, remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro and 1 tablespoon dressing mixture in another small bowl; season with salt, as desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place beef steaks and remaining dressing mixture in food to safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hour or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare 145°F (62.7°C) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
- Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with cilantro sour cream mixture.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 258; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 73mg; Total Carbs: 2g; Protein: 26g; Sodium: 314mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.