Easy Pot Roast
This easy and delicious pot roast recipe makes it's own gravy. Your family will love it.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (4 pound) chuck roast
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
6 carrots, peeled, sliced into 2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup water
- In a large flameproof casserole, heat oil and brown a chuck roast on all sides. Drain any excess fat. Add soup, dry onion soup mix, and 1 cup water and stir around meat. Adjust heat to a low simmer, cover, and cook for 2 hours.
- Later add potatoes and carrots. Cover and continue cooking for about 45 minutes.
- Remove the roast and vegetables with a slotted spoon to a warm plate or pan; cover and allow meat to rest.
- Meanwhile combine flour with water in a cup; stir to remove lumps. Add to casserole dish, raise heat to medium high. Stir continuously and cook until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Serve sauce with sliced meat and vegetables.
Makes 8 servings.