Easy Steak Diane
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil - divided use
8 ounces small mushrooms, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or onion
2 to 3 teaspoons lemon pepper
1 pound beef shoulder tender medallions or petite steaks, 3/4-inch thick
2 tablespoons brandy
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Wipe skillet out with paper towels.
- Press lemon pepper evenly onto beef medallions.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place 1/2 of beef in skillet; cook 5 to 6 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Remove; keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and beef.
- Add brandy to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved. Stir in cream and Worcestershire sauce. Add mushroom mixture; cook and stir until sauce is slightly thickened. Add beef; stir to coat with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.