Grilled Skirt Steak with Creamy Citrus Sauce
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons dried Mexican seasoning, crushed
1 beef skirt steak (1 to 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 4 to 6-inch portions
3/4 cup dairy sour cream
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
Salt and ground black pepper
- Combine orange juice, cilantro and Mexican seasoning in small bowl.
- Place beef steak and 1/3 cup orange juice mixture in food to safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hour or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Combine remaining orange juice mixture with sour cream and green onion. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (May be refrigerated as long as overnight.)
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 8 to 12 minutes) for medium rare (145°F | 62.7°C) to medium (160°F | 71.1°C) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with citrus sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 266; Total Fat: 17g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 69mg; Total Carbs: 3g; Protein: 22g; Sodium: 143mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.