Grilled Top Sirloin Filets with Smoky Orange Sauce
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 clove garlic, minced
1 to 1 1/4 pounds beef top sirloin center filets, cut 1-inch thick, tied
Smoky Orange Sauce:
1 cup chopped orange segments*
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 teaspoons extra to virgin olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated orange peel
1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 12 to 17 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 12 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare Smoky Orange Sauce. Combine sauce ingredients in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Carve steaks into slices. Serve with Smoky Orange Sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
*To cut orange segments, cut off both ends of orange with paring knife. Stand orange on 1 cut end and slice vertically (top to bottom) to remove peel and white pith in strips. Follow curve of orange with paring knife to remove as little flesh as possible. Cut each segment free by slicing down on both sides of surrounding membranes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 214; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 49mg; Total Carbs: 9g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 201mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.