A roast for your most elegant dinner party.
4 pounds well-trimmed beef tenderloin roast
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt to taste
- Preheat 425ºF (220ºC).
- Combine Italian seasoning and black pepper. Press evenly onto all sides of roast.
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer so bulb is centered in thickest part. Do not add water or cover.
- Roast approximately 45 to 50 minutes for medium-rare or medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 140ºF (60ºC) for medium-rare, 150ºF (65ºC) for medium.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Carve roast into slices, season with salt as desired.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): 347 Calories; 15g Total Fat; 6g Saturated Fat; 135mg Cholesterol; 3mg Iron; 122mg Sodium; 9mg Zinc; 50g Protein; .24g Carbohydrates; .11g Dietary Fiber.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.