Peppered Steaks with Caramelized Onions
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
2 tablespoons butter
2 large yellow or red onions, sliced (1/4-inch)
2 teaspoons seasoned pepper blend
2 (8-ounce) beef round sirloin tip center steaks or petite steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- Preheat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until melted. Add onions; cook 18 to 21 minutes, or until caramelized, stirring occasionally. Remove.
- Press pepper onto beef steaks.
- Heat skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add steaks; cook 14 to 15 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning twice. (Do not overcook.)
- Carve steaks; season with salt. Serve with onions.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.