Prime Rib Roast
Simple seasonings and preparation, yet elegant and delicious. The perfect prime rib roast for any occasion calling for a special entrée.
1 (9 to 10-pound) 4-bone prime rib roast
2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
2 tablespoons crushed black pepper
1/2 cup kosher salt
1/2 cup fresh chopped rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine garlic, pepper, salt and rosemary and coat top of prime rib evenly under the fat cap. Place beef roast, fat side up on a rack in an open roasting pan to catch juices.
- Roast in oven until meat thermometer reads five degrees below desired doneness; 135°F | 55°C for rare, 140°F | 60°C for medium rare, 155°F | 70°C for medium).
- Allow roast to stand for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing. During standing time, the temperature will continue to rise and reach the desired doneness.
- Slice to desired thickness and serve.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Photograph provided courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.