Ribeye Steaks with Sautéed Grape Tomatoes and Brie
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
2 beef Ribeye Steaks boneless, cut 1-inch thick (about 12 ounces each)
2 cups grape tomato halves (about 10 ounces)
3 tablespoons water
3 teaspoons minced prepared roasted garlic - divided use
Salt and ground black pepper
4 ounces Brie cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- Combine tomatoes, water and 1 teaspoon garlic in large nonstick skillet. Cook, covered, over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tomatoes are tender, stirring often. season with salt and pepper, as desired. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Carefully wipe out skillet with paper towels.
- Press remaining 2 teaspoon garlic evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks in skillet over medium heat; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F | 62.7°C) to medium (160°F | 71.1°C) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Add cheese and basil to tomatoes; stir until well combined. Serve immediately with beef. Garnish with additional basil, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
- Two beef Strip Steaks boneless, cut 1-inch thick, may be substituted for Ribeye Steaks. Cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- To make Brie cheese easier to shred, place in freezer for about 30 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 258; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 83mg; Total Carbs: 4g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 28g; Sodium: 226mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.