Roast Filet of Beef
A garlic-infused, bacon-topped beef rib roast, basted with a red wine marinade during roasting.
1 (5 pound) rib roast
4 garlic cloves, sliced
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon thyme
1 bay leaf
3 strips of bacon
- Make 1-inch slits in a rib roast. Insert sliced garlic cloves in the slits. Rub meat with pepper and liquid hot pepper sauce.
- In a bowl combine soy sauce, oil, red wine vinegar, thyme, and bay leaf. Pour over the rib roast and marinate covered for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Drain the roast; reserving the marinade. Place meat on a rack in a roasting pan and arrange strips of bacon on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes to the desired degree of doneness; basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Makes 10 servings.