Roasted Beef Ribeye & Root Vegetables
An elegant ribeye roast beef dinner with oven-roasted root vegetables.
2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Beef and Vegetables:
1 (about 4 pound) well-trimmed beef ribeye roast, small end
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 medium baking potatoes, quartered
2 large sweet potatoes, halved, quartered
4 small onions, halved
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine seasoning ingredients; press 1/2 onto beef roast.
- Combine remaining seasoning with oil in large bowl. Add vegetables; toss.
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover.
- Roast in 350°F (175°C) oven 1 3/4 hours for medium rare; 2 hours for medium doneness. After 15 to 30 minutes, place vegetables on rack around roast; roast vegetables 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Tent with foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F | 60°C for medium rare; 160°F | 70°C for medium.) Carve roast. Serve with vegetables.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Beef Industry Council.