Top Sirloin with Ancho-Serrano Pepper
Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.
1 pound Certified Angus Beef® top sirloin steaks, sliced thin
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 ounce canola oil
2 ancho peppers
1 serrano pepper*
1/2 chipotle chile pepper
1/2 onion, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic
7 ounces water
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 green onions, sliced thin
- Season steaks with salt and ground black pepper.
- In large sauté pan, heat oil until it begins to smoke. Sear steaks until golden brown on all sides. Remove steaks from pan.
- Add peppers, onion and garlic cloves and sauté for 1 minute. Add water and sugar and bring to boil, cook for an additional 5 minutes Remove ingredients from pan and purée.
- Return steaks and puréed pepper mixture to the pan. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 40 minutes or until tender, adding water if necessary.
- Serve the steaks covered with sauce and garnish with green onion slices. Add rice or steamed vegetable as side, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
*Use caution when handling hot peppers, wear gloves and keep away from eyes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 301; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 75mg; Total Carbs: 20g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 29g; Sodium: 211mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.