Tropical Beef Steak
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1 beef top round steak, cut 1 1/2-inch thick
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons minced green onions
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (optional)
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl.
- Place beef steak and marinade in food to safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak; discard marinade.
- Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove; let stand 10 minutes.
- Carve into thin slices.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: To broil, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4-inch from heat. Broil 21 to 25 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning once.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.