Anyway You Like It Pumpkin Breads
This recipe for pumpkin quick bread offers a delicious chance for you to be creative. Adding in your favorite fruits like dried cranberries, chopped dates or raisins will add terrific flavors to this delectable bread.
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Stir Ins: Raisins, sweetened dried cranberries or chopped dates
1 (30-ounce) can LIBBY'S® Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup orange juice, apple juice or water
2 large eggs
2 to 3 tablespoons Sprinkle Ons: Chopped nuts, cinnamon sugar, seeds such as: poppy, sesame or sunflower (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease two 8x4x2-inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine pumpkin pie mix, oil, orange juice and eggs in another large bowl. Pour pumpkin mixture into flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in Stir Ins. Spoon batter into prepared pans. Sprinkle with your choice of Sprinkle Ons.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 2 loaves or 20 servings (10 servings per loaf).
- For Eight 5 x3-inch Mini-Loaf Pans: Prepare as above. Bake for 38 to 42 minutes.
- For Two Dozen Muffin Cups: Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Prepare as above. Bake for 38 to 42 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of one loaf): Calories: 210 Calories from Fat: 50 Total Fat: 6 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 20 mg Sodium: 200 mg Carbohydrates: 38 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 20 g Protein: 3 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.