Bacon-Cheddar Breakfast Muffins
Recipe courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 large eggs
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
1/4 cup finely chopped crisp-bacon
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Mix flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pepper in large bowl.
- Beat eggs and applesauce in medium bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in cheese, bacon
- and parsley. Spoon evenly into 12 greased 3-inch muffin cups.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven until tops are lightly browned and spring back when tapped with finger, 15 to 20 minutes Cool in pan
- on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm or cool completely.
Makes 12 muffins.
Lighter Option: Recipe can be made with reduced-fat cheese and turkey bacon, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 117; Total Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 113mg; Total Carbs: 11g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 7g; Sodium: 302mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.