Banana Cream Muffins
Double-the-flavor banana muffins made with both fresh bananas and banana-flavored yogurt.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup half-and-half (light cream)
1/2 cup banana cream flavored yogurt
1 large egg, beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 medium ripe, mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl; make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, mix half and half, yogurt, egg, vegetable oil, and bananas. Pour mixture into well. Mix batter until just moistened; do not over mix.
- Fill prepared muffin tins three-fourths full.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.