Banana Spice Streusel Muffins
Rise and shine to these delightful fruit-filled muffins with a glass of ice cold milk. A great way to get your day started!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup mashed banana
3/4 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted - divided use
2 large egg whites
2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 cups flour, wheat germ, 1/2 cup brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine mashed bananas, milk, 3 tablespoons melted butter and egg whites. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Spoon into the muffin cups.
- In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and cinnamon until well blended. Sprinkle evenly over each muffin.
- Bake in the oven 20 to 22 minutes, or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 1 dozen muffins.