Bartlett Pear Muffins
Recipe courtesy of U.S.A. Pears.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup butter, melted, cooled
Zest of one lemon
1 cup diced Bartlett pears (about 2 pears)
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Beat together milk, beaten egg, butter and lemon zest.
- Mix pears and nuts into flour mixture. Gently stir milk mixture into dry ingredients. Batter should be lumpy, not smooth. Do not over mix.
- Spray muffin pans with nonstick spray. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 20 to 25 minutes until tops are browned.
- Remove from pan immediately, and serve warm.
Makes 12 muffins.
Tip: Bake in mini muffin pans at 425°F (220°C) for 15 minutes.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of U.S.A. Pears.