Black Bottom Ovaltine Banana Bread
Fuel up with a slice of this delicious malted chocolate and banana bread. It can be made in advance and placed into the freezer for later use – the perfect grab-and-go breakfast or snack before the rush of after school activities.
Nonstick cooking spray
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 very ripe bananas, mashed well (about 1 1/2 cups)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup OVALTINE Rich Chocolate Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray bottom of 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Combine bananas, sugar, butter, yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract in large bowl; stir well. Stir in flour mixture just until moistened. Remove 1 cup of batter and place into separate bowl along with Ovaltine; stir until combined.
- Spoon Ovaltine mixture into prepared pan; top with remaining banana batter.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes; transfer to wire rack to cool completely. (Bread can be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.)
Makes 1 loaf or 16 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 160 Calories from Fat: 45 Total Fat: 5 g Saturated Fat: 2.5 g Cholesterol: 35 mg Sodium: 210 mg Carbohydrates: 28 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 14 g Protein: 3 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.