Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
Tender, flavorful buttermilk muffins bursting with blueberries.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter, heated until slightly browned
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowl; make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk, melted butter and eggs; mix well. Pour mixture into well. Mix batter until just moistened; do not over mix.
- Toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour and gently fold into batter.
- Fill prepared muffin tins two-thirds full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.