Cinnamon Honey Buns
Recipe courtesy of the National Honey Board.
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened - divided use
1/2 cup honey - divided use
1/2 cup chopped toasted nuts (optional)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed according to package directions
2/3 cup raisins
- Grease 12 muffin cups with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Mix together 1 tablespoon butter, 1/4 cup honey and chopped nuts. Place 1 teaspoon topping in each muffin cup.
- To prepare filling, mix together remaining 2 tablespoon butter, remaining 1/4 cup honey and cinnamon. Roll out bread dough onto floured surface into 18x8-inch rectangle.
- Spread filling evenly over dough. Sprinkle evenly with raisins. Starting with long side, roll dough into log.
- Cut log into 12 (1 1/2-inch) slices.
- Place 1 slice, cut-side up, into each prepared muffin cup. Set muffin pan in warm place; let dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Place muffin pan on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) 20 minutes or until buns are golden brown.
- Remove from oven; cool in pan 5 minutes. Invert muffin pan to remove buns.
Makes 6 servings.
Note: Honey should not be fed to infants under one year of age. Honey is a safe and wholesome food for children and adults.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 444; Total Fat: 14g; Cholesterol: 21mg; Total Carbs: 76g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 8g; Sodium: 436mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Honey Board.