Easy Crescent Danish Rolls
These Danish pastries can be made to suit everyone's taste by just changing the flavor of the fruit preserves.
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 (8-ounce) cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
4 teaspoons preserves or jam
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- For Rolls: Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice; beat until smooth.
- Separate dough into 8 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Spread each rectangle with about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture. Starting at longer side, roll up each rectangle, firmly pinching edges and ends to seal. Gently stretch each roll to about 10-inches.
- On ungreased large cookie sheet, coil each roll into a spiral with seam on the inside, tucking end under. Make deep indentation in center of each roll; fill with 1/2 teaspoon preserves.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- For Glaze: In small bowl, blend all glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm rolls.
Makes 8 sweet rolls.
Recipe by Barbara S. Gibson of Indiana, Grand Prize Winner in Pillsbury's 1975 Bake-Off® Contest.