Grape & Cranberry Tea Bread
Tender, lemon-scented mini tea breads laced with walnuts, dried cranberries and fresh, seedless grapes.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup lowfat dairy sour cream
1/4 cup lowfat milk
1 large egg, beaten
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
1 1/2 cups halved California seedless grapes
- Combine all ingredients except grapes; mix well. Gently fold in grapes.
- Grease and flour the bottoms of 4 (5x2x2-inch) loaf pans. Pour 1/4 of batter into each pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
Makes 4 small loaves.
- Make ahead, wrap in aluminum foil, freeze and give as gifts during the holidays.
- Batter may be baked in 2 (8x4x2-inch) loaf pans. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely per directions above. Each loaf will yield about 16 (1/2-inch) slices.
- Bread may be tightly wrapped and refrigerated up to one week. For longer storage, wrap in aluminum foil or in freezer-safe plastic bags and freeze.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of California Table Grape Commission.