Healthy Oat Peaches and Cream Muffins
Recipe courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement.
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup quick oats
2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed - divided use
1/3 cup oat bran
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup low-fat cream cheese
1 cup peeled, chopped peaches - divided use
1 cup skim milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/3 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and spray 12 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed; mix well and set aside.
- Stir together cream cheese and the reserved 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed. When well blended, fold in 1/4 cup peaches. Add milk, oil, vanilla and egg to dry ingredients, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened. Lightly stir in remaining peaches and walnuts.
- Spoon 3/4 of the mixture into prepared muffin tins. Place a teaspoonful of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each then spoon remaining batter over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Makes 18 muffins.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/18 of recipe): Calories: 130; Calories From Fat: 25; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 10mg; Total Carbs: 24g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 13g; Protein: 2g; Sodium: 130mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement.