Lemon Cashew Bread
This is a deliciously fragrant glazed lemon quick bread studded with toasted cashews.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted cashews, toasted and chopped
2 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup milk
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8 1/2 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and cashews; set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl beat eggs until light and frothy. Add sugar, milk, oil, lemon juice and rind; mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the lemon/egg mixture and stir just to combine. Do not over mix.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand on wire rack for 7 to 10 minutes before removing from pan. Poke holes in top of loaf with a wooden pick.
- For the glaze, combine the sugar and lemon juice; brush over the top and sides of loaf. Allow glaze to harden before serving.
Makes 1 loaf.