Magic Marshmallow Crescent Puffs
Recipe by Edna (Holmgren) Walker Hopkins, Minnesota Grand Prize Winner in the 1969 Bake-Off® Contest.
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 (8-ounce) cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
16 large marshmallows
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 to 3 teaspoons milk
1/4 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray 16 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or lightly grease with vegetable shortening.
- In small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon; mix well.
- Separate dough into 16 triangles. Dip 1 marshmallow in margarine; roll in sugar mixture. Place marshmallow on shortest side of triangle. Roll up, starting at shortest end of triangle and rolling to opposite point. Completely cover marshmallow with dough; firmly pinch edges to seal. Dip 1 end in remaining margarine; place margarine side down in sprayed muffin cup. Repeat with remaining marshmallows.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. (Place foil or cookie sheet on rack below muffin cups to guard against spills.) Remove from muffin cups; place on wire racks set over waxed paper.
- In small bowl, blend powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm rolls. Sprinkle with nuts.
Makes 16 rolls.