Mango California Walnut Bread
Serve this delicious mango-lime bread at casual gatherings, or for breakfast in place of muffins or toast.
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup peeled and diced firm ripe mango
2 teaspoons grated lime zest
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped California Walnuts
1 cup powder sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In large bowl, beat oil and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla. Stir in mango, lime zest and juice.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; stir into egg mixture until just combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter into greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) oven 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool a few minutes in pan; remove and continue cooling on wire rack.
- For Glaze: In small bowl, combine powder sugar and lime zest. Add lime juice; stir until blended. Spread or drizzle over loaf.
Makes 1 loaf.
Recipe provided courtesy of California Walnuts.