Mincemeat-Filled Sticky Buns
These delicious, old-fashioned sweet rolls are easy to make thanks to the convenience of ready-made frozen bread dough and prepared mincemeat.
1 (16-ounce) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed according to package directions
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 1/4 cups prepared plain mincemeat
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon milk
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Roll dough to 14 x 10-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface. Brush with butter. Spread with mincemeat, leaving a 1-inch border around edges. Starting at long side, roll up. Cut into nine 1 1/2-inch slices; place cut-side up on prepared baking pan (or place 1/2-inches apart on greased baking sheet.) Let rise in warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (20 to 25 minutes on baking sheet) or until top is golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack. Drizzle with cinnamon glaze.
- For Cinnamon Glaze: Stir together powdered sugar, milk and ground cinnamon to make a thick glaze.
Makes 9 sweet buns.