Peach Muffins with Streusel Topping
Topped with a cinnamon-spiced streusel, these peach muffins are sure to delight your family and friends.
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups fresh or frozen peaches, thawed, patted dry and chopped
1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven 400°F (205°C). Lightly coat 12-section muffin tin with canola cooking spray and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, canola oil, vanilla and almond extracts. Add to flour mixture. Gently stir until JUST blended. Fold in peaches and spoon equal amounts into each of the muffin sections.
- Combine streusel ingredients in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over muffins, pressing down lightly to allow sugar mixture to adhere to batter.
- Bake 18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Remove from tins and cool completely on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.
Tip: Store leftover muffins in a covered container in refrigerator to maximize freshness.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe; 1 muffin): Calories 350; Fat 13g; Saturated Fat 1.5g; Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 220mg; Carbohydrates 53g; Fiber 2g; Protein 6g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.