Pralines & Cream Muffins
Great tasting oat muffins made with brown sugar, cream cheese and pecans.
1 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped pecans - divided use
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup milk
1 large egg
1 teaspoon maple or vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Combine oats, flours, baking powder,salt and 1/2 cup pecans in a large bowl and mix well.
- In medium bowl, beat sugar, butter and cream cheese until creamy. Add milk, egg and maple extract; mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Fill muffin cups three fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
Makes 12 muffins.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Quaker Oats Company.