Pumpkin Bread Muffins
Pumpkin muffins made with whole wheat, sweetened with honey and loaded with plump raisins and walnuts.
1/2 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup canned pumpkin purée
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) . Grease a 12-cup muffin pan, or line with paper liners.
- Place the raisins in a small bowl and add hot water to cover. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl slightly beat the eggs; add the pumpkin, oil and honey and mix well.
- Make a well in the center in flour mixture and add the pumpkin mixture. Stir until just mixed.
- Drain raisins, add to batter along with the walnuts.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18 minutes in preheated oven, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool in the pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.