Try this scrumptious pumpkin bread toasted for breakfast.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin (purée)
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In medium bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt.
- To a separate bowl add pecans and raisins and mix with 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl at medium speed, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, canned pumpkin, orange juice and vanilla until well blended.
- Add remaining dry mixture to pumpkin mixture and beat at low speed until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in reserved pecans and raisins.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Pour in batter.
- Bake in pre-heated 350°F (175°C) oven until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean-about 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Makes 1 loaf.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.