Apple Cinnamon Empanadas
Serve apple empanadas warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce for a great finale to a Mexican meal. Paired with steaming mugs of Carnation hot chocolate, these make a wonderful breakfast as well.
2 (12-ounce) packages Classic Recipes Harvest Apples, cooked according to package directions, chilled
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (36-count) package frozen roll dough, defrosted according to package directions
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla extract in medium bowl; mix until smooth. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Place dough for 1 roll on lightly floured surface; roll into 4-inch circle. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon escalloped apples onto lower half; brush edges with milk. Fold dough in half; crimp edges with fork. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Brush each empanada with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Place on prepared baking sheets. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown; serve warm.
Makes 36 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.