Baked Blueberry French Toast
Prepare this delicious blueberry French toast casserole the night before and all you'll have to do the next morning is bake and serve it, giving you more time to spend with family and guests.
12 slices of white bread
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup frozen blueberries
12 large eggs
2 cups milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Places 1/2 the bread into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Cut cream cheese into 1/4-inch cubes and distribute over bread.
- Top with blueberries and remaining bread.
- In large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk and syrup and mix well. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and chill for eight hours or overnight.
- Bake, covered, at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for additional 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 6 servings.