Baked Havarti Eggs
Tender baked eggs in cream and Havarti cheese, seasoned with dill.
4 teaspoon butter
4 tablespoons half-and-half
4 large eggs
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
4 heaping tablespoons grated Havarti cheese (do not substitute)
1/2 teaspoon dill
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place 1 teaspoon butter into 4 ovenproof ramekin dishes, place in oven to melt.
- Remove from oven and add 1 tablespoon half-and-half and crack 1 egg into each dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Cover each egg with 1 tablespoon Havarti. Sprinkle dill evenly over each.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until egg white is done with yolk softly cooked.
Makes 4 servings.