Baked Eggs in Golden Toast Cups
Baked eggs are wonderfully tender and moist. Here they're snuggled in a nest of golden toast and seasoned with Parmesan cheese and crisp bacon.
6 slices of white bread
1 tablespoon butter, softened
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
6 large eggs
6 strips of bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Remove the crusts from white bread and spread softened butter over one side. Cut a 2 1/2-inch circle from the center of each bread slice, then cut the remaining bread slice into triangles. Place each buttered bread circle, buttered side up, in custard cups. Place the triangles around the edges with the points facing up. Bake for 7 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, combine Parmesan, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well; set aside.
- Gently break eggs, placing one in each baked cup; sprinkle with cheese mixture. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook strips of bacon until crisp. Crumble evenly over baked eggs.
Makes 6 servings.