Baked Vegetable and Gruyère Omelet
A veggie and gruyère omelet, casserole-style.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup chopped asparagus, cooked
1 cup chopped green beans, cooked
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup (4 ounces) grated Gruyère cheese
1 cup milk
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Coat an 8-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, sauté the onions and mushrooms in olive oil about 5 minutes, until the onions are tender. Pour into a large bowl. Add the asparagus, green beans, salt, pepper and cheese. Combine. Add the milk and eggs; mix well.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake about 25 minutes, or until the top of the omelet is golden.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.