Banana Oat Pancakes
Start your day with these hearty pancakes bursting with goodness from oats and flavor from bananas. Try topping them with peanut butter, too!
2 large ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick oats
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine banana slices and sugar in a medium bowl, stirring to coat slices well. Set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl, mixing well.
- With a fork, stir together the milk, egg, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl, mixing well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Heat griddle over medium-high heat, or preheat electric skillet or griddle to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease griddle.
- For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Top with four or five banana slices. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Serve with maple syrup and additional banana slices, if desired.
Makes 12 (4-inch) pancakes.