Serve this golden puffy soufflé, with a sweet cream cheese filling, with a fruit sauce and a dollop of sour cream or lightly sweetened whipped cream.
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/3 cup granulated sugar
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups (1 pint) small-curd cottage cheese
2 large eggs yolks
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In large mixing bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients and mix well; stir in flour and baking powder and mix until just blended. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine filling ingredients until well blended; set aside.
- Pour half the batter mixture into a well-greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Drop filling mixture by spoonfuls evenly over batter, spreading it out as much as possible with a knife. The filling and batter will mix slightly. Pour the remaining batter over the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 1 hour or until puffed and golden. Or if making ahead, once dish is assembled, do not bake. Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, bring the dish to room temperature, then bake as above.
- To serve, cut into serving portions and serve with desired fruit sauce or, syrup along with dollops of sour cream or lightly sweetened whipped cream.
Makes 6 servings.