Breakfast burritos casserole-style, topped with melted cheese and served with salsa.
8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
8 ounces bulk pork sausage
2 large baking potatoes, peeled and shredded
1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
8 large eggs
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 cups (8-ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
Your favorite salsa or taco sauce for accompaniment
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 12 to 15 minutes or until heated.
- Brown sausage in skillet, stirring until it crumbles; remove sausage from skillet and set aside.
- Drain the drippings and add the potato, green pepper, and onion to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add the butter, when melted add the eggs, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are firm, but still moist. Remove from heat; stir in reserved sausage.
- Work with 1 tortilla at a time, keeping remaining tortillas covered and warm. Place about 3/4 cup egg mixture onto each tortilla. Roll up tightly, and place, seam-side down, in a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 10 minutes. Remove cover and sprinkle with cheese, cover, and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve burritos with taco sauce.
Makes 8 servings.