Breakfast Biscuit Quiches
Easy individual quiches for a fun, kid-friendly weekday breakfast or a simple appetizer.
2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/3 cup finely chopped ham
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
1 (12-ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine cheese, ham and green onions in small bowl; mix well.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended.
- Separate biscuits; press or roll each into a 5-inch round on lightly floured surface.
- Place 1 biscuit in each of 10 greased muffin cups, leaving the 2 cups in center of pan empty. Press biscuits firmly against bottom and sides of cups and form rim at top.
- Spoon 2 tablespoon cheese mixture into each biscuit cup. Pour in egg mixture, dividing evenly.
- Bake in center of 350°F (175°C) oven until filling is set and biscuits are deep golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan; serve warm.
Makes 10 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): Calories: 167; Total Fat: 8 g (Saturated fat: 3 g; Polyunsaturated fat: 1 g; Monounsaturated fat: 4 g); Cholesterol: 66 mg; Sodium: 486 mg; Carbohydrates: 16 g; Dietary Fiber: 0 g; Protein: 7 g; Vitamin A: 176.4 IU; Vitamin D: 16.7 IU; Folate: 28.7 mcg; Calcium: 88.5 mg; Iron: 1.2 mg; Choline: 43.9 mg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Egg Board (AEB) and Egg Nutrition Center (ENC).