Oval shaped dinner rolls are filled with eggs, crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, and green onion for a unique addition to the breakfast table.
1 (10-ounce) package frozen Welsh rarebit, defrosted*
4 oval shaped dinner rolls
7 strips bacon, cooked until crisp, drained and crumbled
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons sliced green onion
1 teaspoon butter, margarine or reserved bacon fat
3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Slice tops off rolls and remove soft bread from inside, leaving 1/8-inch shell. Tear top crust and soft bread into small pieces.
- Combine eggs, milk and green onion in medium bowl.
- Melt butter in medium skillet; add egg mixture and scramble until eggs are set. Fold in reserved bread pieces, bacon and Welsh Rarebit.
- Divide scrambled egg mixture evenly among rolls. Top with cheddar cheese and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings.
*Defrost Welsh Rarebit in microwave on 50% power for 5 to 6 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 653 Calories from Fat: 434 Total Fat: 48.2 g Saturated Fat: 19.6 g Cholesterol: 278 mg Sodium: 1074 mg Carbohydrates: 31.9 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 2.8 g Protein: 22.1 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.