Breakfast Waffles with Nutmeg
These light and airy, nutmeg-scented waffles are perfect for a fall or winter holiday breakfast get-together.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups milk
2 large eggs, separated
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
Butter, maple syrup or honey for accompaniment
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt into a bowl.
- Combine milk, egg yolks and oil until well mixed. Pour into flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks and fold into batter.
- Cook waffles according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup or honey.
Makes 6 servings.