Broccoli and Creamed Eggs
Chopped broccoli and hard-cooked eggs are topped with a seasoned white sauce and baked.
12 large eggs - divided use
1 (20-ounce) package frozen broccoli
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Gently simmer 12 eggs until hard-cooked. Drain and cool. Slice 8 eggs lengthwise in half; remove the yolks. Press the yolks through a sieve; set aside.
- Cook frozen broccoli according to the package directions; drain. Arrange in a serving dish and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, salt, dry mustard, and pepper.
- Quarter the remaining 4 eggs and add to the broccoli mixture with the 8 remaining egg whites; mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the broccoli and egg mixture and garnish with reserved egg yolk.
Makes 8 servings.