Broccoli Cheese Soufflé
Golden, puffy and impressive broccoli cheese soufflé. A great way to get the naysayers to eat broccoli because it's puréed for this dish.
8-ounces cooked broccoli
1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
1 tablespoon milk
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3 Large Chino Valley fresh eggs, separated
1 teaspoon Dijon style mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2-ounces (1/2 cup) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Purée cooked broccoli, cottage cheese and milk in blender.
- Melt butter in saucepan and stir in flour. Add egg yolks, mustard, broccoli mixture, salt and pepper. Cook until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Whip egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold into broccoli mixture.
- Turn into greased 4 to 5 cup soufflé dish or 4 individual soufflé dishes.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until browned on top. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 211, Protein 18g, Carbohydrates 7g, Fiber 1.8g, Fat 13g, Cholesterol 188mg, Sodium 429mg, Iron 1.3mg.
Recipe provided courtesy of Chino Valley Ranchers.