Day old bread would be perfect for this hearty morning meal dish. Serve alongside sweet muffins and fresh fruit.
1 loaf sourdough French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 pounds link sausage, sliced
1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
2 1/2 cups milk
6 large eggs
3 cups (12-ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place bread cubes in a 4-quart buttered baking dish.
- In a large skillet, coated with vegetable cooking spray, cook sausage until browned about 10 minutes. Place on top of bread cubes.
- Blend soup, milk and eggs in a medium bowl and pour over bread and sausage. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden; let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.