Cheddar Creamed Eggs on Toast
Creamed hard-boiled eggs with cheddar cheese, sautéed onion and crumbled bacon served on toast.
4 slices bacon
6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
4 slices toast
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels; crumble and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare hard-boiled eggs. (This can be done the night before and refrigerated.)
- Drain all but 1 to 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet. Sauté onion in remaining drippings.
- Combine cheese with the flour and add to onion in skillet. Add milk and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Fold in eggs and crumbled bacon. Serve over toast.
Makes 4 servings.