Chocolate Raspberry Pancakes
These delightful chocolate-flavored pancakes, laced with chocolate chips and fresh raspberries, are perfect for a special occasion breakfast or brunch.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups chocolate milk (or plain milk)
1/4 cup (2 ounces) butter,* melted; plus additional butter for cooking
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 pint raspberries
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, chocolate milk, 1/4 cup melted butter and vanilla.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients, just until moistened.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter on griddle preheated to 300°F (150°C), or heavy skillet over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Drop 5 to 6 chocolate chips and raspberries on top of pancake. When pancake begins to bubble, flip and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute more, or until golden. Remove to warm platter and repeat with remaining batter and butter as necessary.
- Serve immediately with butter and your choice of toppings.
Makes 20 (4-inch) pancakes.
*If using unsalted butter, add 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Tip: Extra pancakes may be frozen in resealable plastic bag. Reheat frozen pancakes in microwave.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.